Pruning can serve several purposes including hazard reduction and maintenance. All of our work complies with ANSI-A300 standards and a goal of keeping your trees healthy and attractive.
- Crown Thinning: To achieve a healthy structure, we carefully thin the tree crown. This specialized pruning allows more light to enter, promoting long-term health and growth.
- Crown Lifting: We remove stray branches from the main trunk, enhancing visibility under the canopy and providing access for both pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
- Crown Reduction: We reduce the size of the canopy making sure to leave a flowering line.
- Dead Wooding: To maintain tree health, we remove broken, dead, or dying limbs from the tree crown. This helps the tree and promotes the safety of people and property nearby.
- No Tree Topping: Cambium does not condone or practice topping. Tree topping is the indiscriminate cutting of tree branches to stubs or lateral branches that are not large enough to assume the terminal role. Topping removes 50% to 100% of the leaf-bearing crown, starves the tree, promotes shock, and invites disease, destructive insects, and possibly even tree death.
Dying or potentially dangerous trees sometimes require removal. We have the equipment, personnel, training, and know-how to do the job safely and efficiently. Hazard tree removal is recommended for trees hit by lightning, topped trees, trees with fruiting bodies, root rot, and visible cavities, and more. Call us for an assessment.
We are fully equipped to grind and remove multiple tree stumps. We backfill with a mix of mulch and topsoil. Excess mulch is removed at the homeowner’s request.
Support & Lightning Protection Systems
Certain trees may lose their structural integrity due to pests, disease, or weather. Our support systems can help you avoid having to remove a tree outright.
- Support Systems: Tree cabling and bracing helps prevent large tree limbs from untimely and dangerous falling. We install steel, wire, rope, or synthetic fiber between limbs to limit movement and help support weak joints. Support bracing is critical in schools, parks, college campus grounds, and other high-traffic wooded areas.
- Lightning Protection Systems: Cambium’s unique lightning protection systems are tailored to customer needs. While fail-safe protection doesn’t exist, our systems can help reduce tree damage, channeling electricity to the ground via a series of rods and cables.
Custom-Blended Soil & Fertilizers
As a home and tree owner, you can assist in promoting a healthy tree by maintaining your trees’ soil. At Cambium, we use pruning, mulching, soil aeration, and watering to keep trees healthy. When fertilization is required, we are conservative in our use of natural or chemical fertilizer.
Tree Installation & Establishment
We’ll help select the trees that best suit your needs and minimize shock and water loss during transportation. We also provide “after-care,” including mulching, watering, and early pruning to help establish a healthy tree.
Cambium specializes in relocating trees of almost any size over most distances.
Tree Disease Treatment
Many trees are susceptible to a variety of diseases, such as Dutch Elm Disease, Chlorosis, and Sycamore Anthracnose. We can take some preventative measures to help protect your trees for years to come.
Insect & Mite Treatment
Insects and mites can infest your trees, weakening them and increasing the chance of failure. We can help keep your trees clear of pests, such as moths, ticks, borers, and worms, so you don't have to worry about those pests endangering your trees’ health.
Cracked sidewalks and driveways from exposed roots, tree roots growing into your septic system, or roots beneath your house slab can lead to expensive problems down the road. The tree’s health must be considered before trying to solve for these issues. Give us a call today to let us find the solution that’s right for your specific situation.